How to Clean Bathroom Mold? There is no doubt that the bathroom is one of the most commonly used spaces in all homes. However, at the same time, we also need to bear in mind that the bathroom also gathers a lot of moisture and dampness.
Hence, it is always prone to the accumulation of different types of microorganisms like mildew and mold. There are different types of molds and black molds are quite commonly seen in many bathrooms. They tend to grow on the floor, on the walls, and on other damp and wet surfaces.
They are a big eyesore and could also make the bathroom slippery and dangerous. They also could pose health risks and hazards. It could lead to allergies in the body and could also cause breathing and other problems.
Hence, there is a need to regularly clean bathroom mold. If mold is left untreated it could of course cause health problems as mentioned above. More importantly, molds are tough customers and therefore it could also cause damage to the flooring.
Hence, you must find out ways and means to overcome this problem and we are happy to list down some ways by which this can be done. You can either go in for natural cleaning solutions or buy some mold removal products from the market. However, you must know how to make the best of the use of the same.
Be Sure the Mold is Not Toxic
There are some toxic molds that grow in damp areas and you should be careful about them. You may have to take the help of a mold remediator or a professional to make sure that you do not have toxic mold growth in your bathroom.
There are also some DIY mold test kits available that also could help you to find out if the molds are toxic or non-toxic. If you have toxic mold, it would be better to handle it with the help of a professional. This is because these toxic molds could lead to lung irritation, skin issues, eye problems, and much more.
Having said this, we need to bear in mind that most molds that grow in our bathroom are non-toxic. Hence, they can be cleaned and removed with the help of homemade solutions or market-based remedies. Here are a few steps that could help in removing molds from bathrooms.
- Start with an antifungal cleaner. There are many market brands available in the market and you can choose the one that suits your budget and requirements. These cleaners come with a specific formula. They are capable of killing various types of mold and fungus apart from mildew.
Leave the solution to take effect once it has been sprayed on the bathroom floor or wall. Once they have been killed, you can wash the floor and wall clean using a toothbrush or sponge. This will also remove any stains.
- Once the area has been cleaned, make sure that the molds do not return again. You could spray distilled vinegar onto the floor area and this should kill mold spores and also slow down any possible regrouping and regrowth. Allow the vinegar to dry before you proceed to the next step.
- Make sure that the wet surfaces are dry and use a dry cloth towel or other such things to make this possible. Also, make sure that the bathroom is well ventilated. Light and passage of air inside the bathroom could help prevent the accumulation of mold once it has been cleaned. Therefore, you can be sure that the problem will not recur again.
Things you need
Here are a few things that you may need for thorough and proper cleaning of the bathroom and ensuring that it is free from mold.
- Invest in a good antifungal cleaner. Make sure that you buy a quality antifungal cleaner with the right strength and right concentration.
- Make use of white vinegar because it is known to be effective in killing mold spores and also slows down the potential regrowth.
- A toothbrush or soft clean brush. These are required to scrub the stains that molds in general and black molds in particular leave behind.
- Bleach – Bleach helps in disinfecting the bathroom and also brightens the surfaces once the black molds have been removed.
However, make sure that you do not use harsh chemicals because you could end up damaging the floor. Also, these chemicals could be harmful to your children and pets, and other members who may have some allergies and other related problems.
How to Clean Bathroom Mold? – Conclusion
Molds are tough customers and therefore you must make sure that you get rid of them as soon as you identify them. Once you have cleaned and removed them from your bathroom flooring and walls, regular maintenance could be enough.